Charterstone: Digital Edition Beta starts soon!November 21, 2019
Digital Board Games Autumn Sale!November 26, 2019
Welcome to the first ever Eight: Minute Empire Online Tournament!
If you want to participate, here are the rules.
- You must apply via the form you can find here.
- Once all the applications are in, you shall be divided into Tables.
- Four players per Table. Should a Table be short a player, they will be substituted with a Medium AI opponent. In the event of AI winning, the human player with a highest score shall be considered a winner.
- Each round will take a set amount of time (a week, a week and a half, we have not determined that yet). Technically this means each Table has a set number of days to complete their match. This is a hard cap limit of a ‘just in case’ variety. We strongly encourage players to start and finish their matches ahead of time.
- Each player has 24 hours to finish their move. Should they fail to do so, they will be kicked out of the server automatically and the game will go on without them. Again, this will, hopefully, be a ‘just in case’ precaution. We strongly recommend making your moves faster.
- The first stages will be a best-of-one matches. Once the Tournament enters the quarterfinals, we switch to a best-of-three format.
- Once the match has ended, players will be required to provide the screenshot of the endgame screen. Email it to us, with the information which table is it from. You can also share it on your social media, our social media, tweet it @acramdigital, tag @acramdigital on Instagram or all of the above. If the name of the winning player matches the one from the Entry Form you will have submitted in order to enter the tournament, the brackets shall be updated accordingly.
- THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE: should you have any issues, questions or reservations, just contact us! Facebook PM, BGG inbox, email (suppor[email protected] or [email protected]). Communication is the key.
- P.S. As should always, Wheaton’s Law applies.
ONCE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS
You shall be assigned to a Table. All players at the Table will be given contact to each other. We also suggest using Discord or a similar program to communicate, as it’s just easier to set up and play through a game. We do our best to match the time-zones of the players, at least a bit. One of the participants will be tasked with creating the game room (sorry, we can’t do that ourselves). Here’s how you do it:
- In the main menu click the ONLINE GAME button.
- Click the CREATE A ROOM button. It’s the big PLUS sign in the bottom-right corner.
- Pick the map we will provide for you in every Round.
- Good Tokens are On, the rest is Off.
- Click the GREEN ARROW to move forward.
- Name the room with the name your Table was assigned.
- The settings are as follows: Asynchronous Game, 4 players, Password protection.
- Set the password to the one provided by us when assigned to the Table.
- Click CREATE A ROOM button.
- Wait for the other players to join your Room.
- Remember you can also access Help & Rules tab by clicking the ‘?’ icon in the main menu.